Would you like to learn how to sew in a private setting without the distractions of other group members? Would you like to learn something very specific and already have the basics down? If sew, we'd love to hear from you. To get started, just complete our learn more form below. Once we receive the request, we'll pair you with a teacher and they'll get in contact with you to work out all of the details.
- Private lessons are defined as a teacher sitting with the student for the agreed upon time teaching/guiding/showing the steps required to complete a specific project.
- Private lessons require a two-hour minimum.
- Lesson times are arranged directly with the teacher
- Sewing machines can be rented for use during the lesson
- If students bring in their own machine, teachers will try there best to learn the machine, but its best to bring in the machine manual to reduce any learning curve and optimize time paid for.
- All registrations can be done through the website, or by calling the store, after arrangements are made with the teacher.
- If students are unable to show up for a lesson, it must be rescheduled with the teacher at least 3 business days in advance. If time is not rescheduled prior to 3 business days, the registration fee for that time slot cannot be refunded.
- Projects for the new student will be determined by the teacher after discussing the goals of the student, from an assortment of beginner projects – such as, an easy tote bag, simple quilt pattern, or garment construction. If choosing garment construction, a pre-printed pattern (possibly for a skirt, apron, shorts, etc.) will be used and you will be taught how to “read” a pattern.
- There is no guarantee that any project will be completed within a 2 hour time frame, but every effort will be made to give the student enough knowledge to complete the project on their own. Additional time can be scheduled through Roberts Sewing Center as necessary and agreed upon.