|Job Description :
We are looking for a dedicated part-time Sewing Machine Technician to join our family. Ideal candidates would be self-motivated, goal-oriented, and ready to service sewing machines of all types. This position is a perfect fit for someone who retired early and is looking to learn a new skill, a sewist looking to be able to service their own machine, someone good with their hands that just needs a few extra bucks to improve their quality of life or even a self driven individual just looking for a new challenge.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Ensure great customer experience by greeting customers with a positive attitude, answering questions on repairs and providing solutions to meet their need.
- Service center check-in, machine evaluation and troubleshooting
- Detailed documentation of work order requirements and proving customers with quotations
- Machine repair, tune ups and replacement part identification
- Maintaining a clean/organized parts inventory and work bench
- Read, interpret and apply service instructions or blueprints from manufacture manuals and/or videos
- Track repairs throughout each stage of the service process to ensure timely completion
- Train customers and staff on general preventative maintenance practices
- Some jobs may require technicians to modify parts for sewing machines to complete repair jobs (buff, grind, tap, thread, drill, etc...)
- This position may also require technician to be on-call or perform repair calls at customer locations
- Perform other routine maintenance throughout the facility
- Participates in on the job and manufacturer seminar training of company products in order to ensure a good working knowledge and support.
- Contributes to a positive team environment and performs other duties as requested.
Qualifications & Requirements:
- A high school diploma with 1+ years technician/maintenance experience
- Sewing machine repair experience is not required, but a big plus
- Technical problem-solving and fine motor skills are very important
- Much of the work is done independently, so it is important the individual be self driven and able to adhere to time-constraints
- Communication skills are important in order to work well with customers and staff
- Must be organized and able to adhere to operational processes, including reading on paper/computer screens and writing/typing on paper/computer.
- Basic math proficiency with ability to total prices and tax on work orders or sales contracts on point of sale system
- Accepts payment and makes appropriate change.
- Be on feet for hours at a time. Bend down and reach above head. Push/pull machine on equipment
- Lift, place and arrange items on shelves, racks or carts. Individually be able to lift up to 40 lbs and group lift up to 200 lbs (under 15 lbs on a constant basis, 25 lbs on a frequent basis, 25-75 lbs on an occasional basis, and 75-200 lbs on an infrequent basis).
CLICK HERE to apply now