|Job Description : |
We are looking for a creative part-time sales associate to join our family. Ideal candidates would be self-motivated, goal-oriented, and ready to sell high quality sewing machines, software, accessories, fabric, notions, patterns and more. This position is a perfect fit for an existing quilter, sewist, seamstress or dressmaker who has a passion for the art and can use it to make positive impacts on our community.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Ensure great customer experience by greeting customers with a positive attitude, answering questions on projects/products/benefits/price/use and providing solutions to meet their every need.
- Including but not limited to:
- Finding the right customer match for books, patterns, notions, accessories, fabric, etc that gets their creative juices flowing then calculates and cuts fabric, backing, etc to complete project(s).
- Finding the perfect sewing machine/software/cabinet based on customer need and provides sales demonstrations.
- Teaches machine lessons (basic, computerized, embroidery, software, etc…) and recommends/teaches creative and fun sewing classes for our community.
- Assist with the setup of promotions, advertising displays or arrangements of merchandise on counters, tables, walls, windows, etc… Stamps/marks or price tags merchandise.
- Participates in training of company products in order to ensure a good working knowledge.
- Performs general housekeeping activities throughout the store to ensure a clean and presentable environment at all times.
- Provides store leadership team with customer feedback on sales, products, displays, and advertisements.
- Supports inventory management activities, including but not limited to stocking shelfs and returning bolts of fabric to designated locations.
- Sews off sewing machines upon service completion as an independent verification that service requested has been provided.
- Contributes to a positive team environment and performs other duties as requested.
Qualifications & Requirements:
- Sewing experience with demonstrated interpersonal and customer service skills is a must.
- Must be organized and able to adhere to operational processes, including reading on paper/computer screens and writing/typing on paper/computer.
- Basic math proficiency with ability to total prices and tax on sales contracts and point of sale system to document accurate offering/price. Accepts payment and makes appropriate change.
- Be on feet for hours at a time. Bend down and reach above head. Push/pull merchandise on equipment
- Lift, place and arrange items on shelves, racks or carts. Individually be able to lift up to 25 lbs and group lift up to 75 lbs (under 2 lbs on a constant basis, 25 lbs on a frequent basis, 25-49 lbs on an occasional basis, and 50-75 lbs on an infrequent basis).
- A high school diploma with 1+ years retail experience & demonstrated success in closing sales is a plus.
- Be willing to work at least two Saturdays per month.